Teach Your Kids Music
Colorful, Effective & Accessible Curriculum for Parents & Teachers
Interested in teaching your kids music?
Even if you’ve never sang a note in your life, Prodigies makes teaching kids music accessible and fun.
Featuring over 400 video lessons, colorful sheet music and easy-to-play instruments, everyone can feel like a Prodigies at ProdigiesMusic.com
Learn more about the curriculum below!
The Benefits of a Music Education…
How Playing an Instrument Benefits Your Brain – Anita Collins & TED Ed
Did you know that playing a musical instrument is like doing a full body workout for your brain?
It’s a life-long skill that promotes cognitive, social and emotional development while bringing fun and joy to the whole family! And with the Prodigies Playground, you’ll be on your way in no-time.
Pitch Development in Young Children
Ever wonder what it takes to give children a knack for music? It’s really all about meaningful play with individual music notes, during the critical years of auditory development.
And while that might sound fancy, it’s a simple method thats highly effective & super easy for non-musicians to teach to their kids.
Learn more about “Meaningful Play with Pitch” in our free eBook, Raising a Young Musician.
Colorful, Lovable & Effective Curriculum
Chapter 1, Lesson 1
Lesson Guides, Worksheets, Sheet Music
The core curriculum inside Preschool & Primary Prodigies comes complete with lesson guides, sheet music & workbook pages.
Check out the “Hello C” section above and find both “Hello C” videos below.
“Hello C” Lesson Video
Meet Mr. Rob & our home base note Do in “Hello C”
“Hello C” Performance Track
Instruction free practice video with multiple instruments notated
How it Works
Prodigies Videos & Apps
At it’s core, Prodigies is a library of 400+ video music lessons that are available through a digital membership.
You can even take the videos offline using our tablet and mobile apps (iOS & Android) or with MP4 downloads via our Pro Plus Membership!
These colorful deskbells are the ideal starting instrument for young children. They’re easy enough for babies to play and professional enough for adults to enjoy.
They stay in tune, they are difficult to break and most importantly, they allow you to focus on a single (or a select few) musical notes at a time.
The Deskbells are also super accessible to adults & kids with special needs because they’re tactile, colorful and don’t require a ton of fine motor control.
The colors of the bells make identifying musical notes easy which helps build confidence, increases enjoyment and predictability in the instrument, and as a result, helps develop a strong musical ear.
Plus, our Prodigies Deskbells are backed by a 2 year, 3 bell replacement policy! Bells are sold separately from books and memberships but you can shop our kits for bundled savings.
The Solfege Hand Signs
The Solfege (Curwen) hand signs give kids a kinesthetic action to associate with each musical note.
This helps children focus on their singing and even helps develop absolute (perfect) pitch!
It also provides an instrument free way to practice with a vast majority of the videos inside of Prodigies!
The video lessons are paired step-by-step with integrated workbooks and songsheets.
The workbooks give children a chance to practice the songs at their own pace, guide students in writing their own songs, and reinforce cross curricular skills like patterning, writing, simple math and more.
Our songbooks provide a concise collection of kid-friendly classics that are perfect for performances, learning new songs and practicing old favorites.
While almost all of the songbook songs have corresponding videos, they are not directly integrated with the progression of the workbooks and are meant more as supplemental collections and kid-favorites.
Though Prodigies is designed around a set of colorful bells, the videos and curriculum can be easily used with a piano or any keyboard/mallet instrument.
All it takes is some inexpensive color coded stickers and any piano is instantly Prodigies friendly. You can complete the curriculum once with the bells, and go back a second time through with the piano.
The color coding system we use matches the worlds most popular classroom instrument, Boomwhackers.
Boomwhackers are great in a group setting where each kid gets 1 or 2 notes to play, or as a means of building a xylophone, but they’re less ideal for one person, as they involve holding and striking the tube to play it, which makes it difficult to play more than 2-3 notes quickly.Shop Boomwhackers
Playback Speed Control
If you’re streaming videos on our website, you can control the Playback speed giving you more control of the difficulty and pacing of your lessons.
This feature is currently only available on our web platform, but is coming to our mobile and TV platforms soon.
Curriculum Structure, Scope & Sequence
Tour the Index
Take a quick walkthrough of the Prodigies Index to get a good idea for the feel and flow of the program.
You can also visit the Prodigies Index here at any time for an up-to-date look at all of our videos.
Prodigies is aligned with the Head Start Child Development & Early Learning Framework, as well as with Elementary Music Standards from NAfME.
- Error-proof Learning
- • color-coded videos & sheet music
- • easy to play instruments
- • play based exploration of pitch and rhythm
- Meaningful Play with Individual Notes
- • builds life-long sense of pitch, especially for kids 2-6
- • develops the almost magical skills associated with perfect (absolute) pitch
- • heavy emphasis on ear-training during the critical years for auditory development
- Brain Based Vocabulary & Instruction
- • kinesthetic hand-signs to go with pitch
- • learn music through numbers (scale degrees), note names (C D E), Solfege (Do Re Mi), Hand-signs and Colors
- No musical background required
- • Easy for parents at home who want to teach their kids music
- • Engaging & easy to implement in the preschool classroom
- • Advanced material for elementary music teachers
Your Kids Will…
- • Develop a strong sense for pitch, rhythm and music
- • Practice memorized pitch skills using the Solfege Hand-Signs
- • Learn to play their first musical instrument
- • Learn to read music in a fun, colorful and stress-free way
- • Sing about colors, numbers, letters and Solfege
- • Write songs & complete cross curricular activities
- • Fall in love with the language and art of music
How It Works…
- • Prodigies combines bells, step-by-step workbooks and over 400 video music lessons to deliver the music education of a lifetime
- • Students focus on the fundamental building blocks of music in ways that are developmentally appropriate, memorable and fun
- • Prodigies focuses on the power concept of giving children “meaningful exposure to individual musical notes during the critical years of auditory development” which heps to develop a life-long sense of perfect pitch
- • Prodigies is accessed through your web browser, so simply fire up your computer, tablet or phone, visit PreschoolProdigies.com/Play and start #HappyMusicing
Why It Works…
- • Prodigies is color coded for error-proof learning and combines the most successful, friendly and modern approaches to music education
- • Prodigies presents the language of music in a way that’s accessible and fun and prone to lots of repetition
- • Playing a musical instrument is considered “a full body workout for your brain” and so the skills practiced with Prodigies helps all areas of cognitive development
- • Prodigies focuses on “meaningful play with pitch” while kids are still developing their sense for pitch and language and therefore is more effective than most music program
See Perfect Pitch In Action
Even if you have no musical background, you can give your kids the music education of a lifetime with Prodigies!
Check out our good buddy Boo, who has one amazing musical ear! Boo started using Prodigies at age 2 and developed his sense of perfect pitch in a year and half.
Results vary from child to child of course, but study after study shows that toddlers and preschoolers can develop their sense for absolute pitch much better than adults can.
What’s Inside Prodigies…
- 400+ Video Music Lessons inside Preschool Prodigies, Primary Prodigies, PsP Melodies, Recorder Prodigies & Holiday Prodigies
- 700+ pages of printable sheet music and curriculum worksheets (Pro & Lifetime)
- Parent/Teacher resources including training videos, printable curriculum elements, read more sections, Prodigies calendar, lesson guides, video annotations and more
- Marketing Materials and affiliate opportunities for Pro & Lifetime Members
- Preview our library of video lessons at ProdigiesMusic.com/index
As the Prodigies library grows in size and scope, it can be a little difficult to know exactly where to start, how to proceed, and how to make the most out of each series.
Inside the Prodigies Documentation, we have detailed answers to each of these questions so that you’re never more than a few clicks away from a better music lesson.
Inside Prodigies you can find videos to help you get familiar with the layout, tools, methods and resources you’ll be using with Prodigies.
Of course, you can just put Prodigies on the TV and hit play to let your kids go to town, but when you’re ready for more details, they’re ready for you!
Parent/Teacher Facebook Group
Want to connect with other families using Prodigies? We’ve got a members-only Facebook Group for that!
Inside the group, parents and teachers are constantly sharing insights, swapping tips and tricks, celebrating student success and presenting us with new ideas!
It’s also a great place to make suggestions and requests about what you want to see inside of Prodigies and get other people to chime in about it! We’re constantly expanding our videos and resources at the request of our members to make sure Prodigies has you covered!
Prodigies Students in Action
With all of the colorful videos, colorful sheet music, Orff styled performance tracks, listening games and theory lessons inside of Prodigies, your music classes will never be the same!
Everything is color-coded to match Boomwhackers and we’re constantly adding and improving upon Prodigies with the help of teachers around the world!
What Teachers Are Saying
We at Prodigies believe we have one of the best music education products in the world, but don’t take our word for it!
Sale Prices in Effect – Ends Jan. 22nd
Monthly & Yearly Options
$19.99 $14.99/ mo
Stream all videos
Watch Anywhere (web & apps)
Pause or Cancel Anytime
30 Day Refund Available
$249.99 $187.49 / yr
GO Features Plus…
Curriculum PDFs, Checklists & Resources
Pause or Cancel Anytime
30 Day Refund Available
Pro Plus & Lifetime Options
$599.99 $449.99 / 3 yrs
GO + PRO Features Plus…
3 Year Non-Renewing All Access Pass to ProdigiesMusic.com
Video MP4s for Offline Use
3 Year App Subscription
60 Day Refund
$999 $669.33 – 1Time Payment
Unlimited Access to past, present and future curriculum from ProdigiesMusic.com
Video MP4s for Offline Use
3 Year App Subscription + 75% Off App Renewals
60 Day Refund
Your Satisfaction is Guaranteed!
Try Preschool Prodigies™ for 60 Days. If you don’t like it, we’ll refund every penny.
Obviously, we think Preschool Prodigies™ is super awesome, but we’ll admit we’re a little biased. That’s why we invite you to try Preschool Prodigies™ for 60 days.
If it doesn’t work like you had imagined, simply let us know and we’ll refund your purchase price. No hard feelings. How does that sound?
We also offer a 30 Day Return Period on instruments, and if you receive a set of bells where one isn’t working, we’ll send you a replacement bell right away!
Have any questions?
Preschool Prodigies and Young Music LLC are a family owned and operated company. As long-time educators, our students, schools and families are very important to us, and we make it a point to provide outstanding customer service to all of our customers!
You can usually find Mr. Rob & the Prodigies Team in the bottom-right chat window here on the site (most weekdays and even on many weekends).
You can also visit our support documentation and FAQs here, and we are often available by phone at (302) 307-1997.
If we miss your call, leave us a message (ideally with your name, phone & e-mail address) and we will get back to you shortly!