At first, you can certainly start off without an instrument.Y
Inside of Playtime Prodigies, PsP Melodies & Performance Prodigies, you’ll find plenty of songs that you can easily sing and hand-sign with (no instrument required)!
Plus, there are lots of rhythm episodes where you can tap and clap along as well and 2 Free Bell Apps that you can download to use as a digital instrument!
That said, for continued enjoyment and success with Prodigies, we strongly recommend following along with an instrument.
Any of the instruments below will take you far:
- set of C Major Deskebsll
- a xylophone or resonator bells
- a glockenspiel (or marimba)
- a piano (with color coded stickers)
Learn more in the videos and FAQs below
Prodigies WITHOUT an Instrument
What instruments can I use?
- If you’re ready for a real instrument we recommend the Deskbells
- For a more affordable but slightly harder option, try Prodigies Resonator Bells or a xylophone
- Colorful stickers make pianos and xylophones Prodigies Friendly
- Recorder & Ukuleles
Why the Deskbells?
- Durable, colorful & well tuned
- Polyphonic & expressive
- Isolated notes increases chance of success
- 2 year 3 bell replacement policy
- Find bells in our shop or look for Chromanotes colored bells from a variety of distributors
The 3 Sets of Deskbells
- C Major – Over 300 Songs with just these bells
- Where accidentals and bass/treble notes appear, we often notate a C Major harmony for people without bell expansions
- Chromatic Expansion – 5 Sharps and Flats for Primary Chapter 2, Holiday & later series
- High Low Extensions – 7 Low and High notes